Platter Flats Campground is located on Lake Texoma in Oklahoma’s Cross Timbers Region.
The campground is situated on the eastern side of Lake Texoma. Post and blackjack oaks forest the rolling hills of the region. Deer, turkeys, bobcats, hawks, waterfowl, and songbirds are abundant around the lake.
Lake Texoma is a large reservoir with an excellent fishery and many access points. Boating, swimming, water skiing, hunting, birding and relaxing on the sandy beaches are the typical pursuits of most visitors.
The lake is known as the “Striper Capital of the World,” one of the few reservoirs in the nation where striped bass reproduce naturally. Other popular species include largemouth and smallmouth bass, white bass, hybrid striped bass, white crappie, black crappie, channel catfish and blue catfish.
Also available is the scenic Cross Timbers hiking trail, a very popular trail that winds for 14 miles above the lake on rocky ledges and through blackjack woodland. Forty miles of equestrian trails surround the lake as well.
This campground offers 26 family campsites with electrical/water hookups, 37 equestrian sites with hookups, and 20 equestrian sites without hookups. A day-use group picnic shelter with electricity is available.
Other amenities include flush and vault toilets, showers and drinking water. A dump station, boat ramp, and dock are located on-site.
The lake features two wildlife refuges, two state parks and 23 commercial concession areas dedicated to the enjoyment of over six million visitors annually.
Activities and Amenities
- Entrance gates are open from 6 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Sites A1-A57 are available for equestrian camping, but a horse is not required to camp on these sites
- During winter months, one frost-free hydrant is available within the campground to fill water tanks; individual water hookups are shut off annually after October
- For more information on Lake Texoma, click here
- Don’t Move Firewood: Protect your forests from tree-killing pests by buying your firewood locally and burning it on-site. Visit Dontmovefirewood.org for further information.
GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
From Colbert, Oklahoma, travel 5 miles north on US 75, turn west 5 miles to Platter Flats, OK, then follow signs to the campground. Physical address: 867 Trail Ride Road, Platter, OK 74753.